Sunday, March 9, 2008

RSS readers and newsreaders

RSS readers make me able to manage the internet information. This client software, or a Web application is so easy to use, and it aggregates syndicated web content in a single location for easy viewing. It saves me lots of time to regularly check my favourite websites for updates. Feed filtering option allow me to tag keywords so that the available articles can be sorted into easily navigable categories.
So far, I have selected some sites which are relevant to libraries and librarians, including Powerhouse Museum's picture of the day blog, Librarybytes (Helen Blowers blog), About Contemporary Literure, ABS Blog for Librarians, and Librarians' Internet Index: New This Week.
I am going to use RSS readers to receive and organise up-to-date information relevant to my work, so that I will always get the latest information about what is ogoing on in my industry.
I can see some potential uses for library patrons. For example, the patrons can subscribe library feeds for library updates, library events, new titles arrivals, etc.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Hello Kathy,
Welcome to Learning 2.0. Sounds like you've been having some fun with the program thus far.
Hope you continue to enjoy the learning!
Kathleen A