Sunday, May 18, 2008

Week 12: Wrap up; social networks and catch up

Social networking has changed the way we communicate and share information in today's society. It uses a variety of ways for us to share interests and activities and for those who are interested in exploring the interest and activities of others.our library can use MySpace, Facebook to promote our library, book club, upcoming events, highlight new titles and resources. Libraries can also use social network service to obtain feedback and comments from the public for library services and events.Clients can select the way they like to interact with our library, such as chat, email, messaging, voice chat, file sharing, blogging etc. They don't really need to visit the library to get the information. Social networking is the future of our library.

I have learnt so much from this online course,and I will keep exploring the Web 2.0. I will use them at work. I will show my clients free online applications, esp Google Doc, Flickr, del.icio.us, Wikipedia, to edit documents, share photos and presentations, use of social bookmarking in my daily work.

Thanks for organizing this program and your comments. I hope there will be more this kind of program that we are able to do it at our own pace and at home to come.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you enjoyed the course. We have had lots of positive feedback on the fact that this was self paced and online so I think we'll definately be considering this type of learning as an option for future programs.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts along the way.

Leanne